SEO by Dr. Blake
Search optimization is about more than algorithms: it’s about giving people answers to their questions, solutions to their problems, and an exceptional web experience.
Hi! I’m Dr. Blake
And I want to help you design an SEO strategy that elevates your brand.
As a former Professor who loves to code, SEO combines the things I am most passionate about: effective communication, research, and computing solutions.
I create robust, content-forward SEO strategies and custom SEO tools to provide data driven insights at every level of optimization, from traffic to site health to conversion.
Let me help you make your website more visible, powerful, and accessible to everyone.
“Kate has brought incredible depth and perspective to the SEO team. She brings thoughtfulness and creativity to every projects she works on. She is willing to see a problem, research ways to solve it and then self-trains to implement a viable solution. He tireless work on optimizing blog and Guides content has delivered meaningful improvements to our top key words with multiple examples of moving Pluralsight from sub-page 10 to page 1! Kate is an incredible talent and I am so grateful to have her be part of the SEO team!”
-Amy Skylling, VP of Digital Experience at Pluralsight
Passionate creator, strategist, and tech enthusiast with a background in University education. I design SEO strategy, content, tools, and outstanding user experiences.
SEO strategy, content-led SEO, technical SEO, on & off-page SEO, SEO education, B2B and B2C digital marketing, dashboard development, web crawling, web development, Python, HTML/CSS/JS
GA4, GSC, SEMRush, Conductor, Screaming Frog, Adobe Analytics, WordPress, Adobe Experience Manager, Tableau, AirTable
Ph.D. and M.A. in English, Indiana University, Graduated May 2017
B.A. in English, Michigan State University, Graduated with High Honors May 2009
- Google Data Analytics Certificate
- Content-Led SEO from SEMRush
- SEMRush Toolkit & Fundamentals
- HubSpot SEO Optimization
- HubSpot Digital Advertising, Digital Marketing, and Content Marketing
Big Sea Design
Content and SEO Director | February 2023 – Present
- Oversee content production and SEO marketing for agency
- Collaborate with clients to bring their content and web vision to life
- Design a full-domain optimization strategy
SEO Analyst | July 2022 – February 2023
- Designed a content refresh strategy that added 3363 top 10 keyword ranks
- Created a custom SEO content tool and helped team members upskill on tool suite to save over $76K in annual subscription costs
- Led SEO recommendations for content strategy
- Created content for competitive keywords on coding topics
See my LinkedIn profile for more work history